The real life Thumbelina: Girl born with rare form of dwarfism has cheated death three times to reach her first birthday – and her parents are both six feet tall
- Helena Lang, from Sydney, has Diastrophic Dysplasia dwarfism
- Mum, Jaime Jenkins, 23, refused to abort her girl at 34 weeks pregnant
- Doctors told parents to say their goodbyes when she was born
- Parents are nearly six feet tall and had no idea they carried dwarfism gene
- Sharing their journey to raise awareness and offer hope to other parents
A miracle baby with a rare form of dwarfism dubbed the ‘real life Thumbelina’ has reached her first birthday after cheating death three times.
Helena Lang, from Sydney, was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia dwarfism – one of the rarest forms of the condition that affects the growth of bones and cartilage.
Her mum, Jaime Jenkins, 23, refused to abort her girl at 34 weeks pregnant and despite being told her girl had died three times, she celebrated her first birthday on Saturday.